Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Granny Shoes

My new running shoes came in the mail today.
I haven't run much since the Mudder because my right foot has been hurting a lot.  My gut-instinct has been telling me that it's because I need new shoes.


My gut was right.


I found out last week...


...when I went into a specialty running store where they recorded images of me running on a treadmill--pretty cool--and showed me how much my feet overpronate when I run.  


So that fun news, combined with recovering from a crazy run like Tough Mudder, make me feel like it's no wonder that my feet are killing me!


Well anyway, Boulder Running Company put me in these crazy expensive Brooks shoes that (of course), made my feet feel a zillion times better the moment I put them on.  What's a girl on a budget to do with that?


Why, get last year's Brooks model from Amazon, of course! :)  They arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. 


And they feel super nice.  Just one problem...


They don't look so sexy.  


These fat sneaks, complete with wide, un-tapered soles with those big gray "things" on the sides (as Andrew puts it), are so unattractive to my husband.  But man, they feel so great...


...maybe next time I run I'll put on a hot string bikini to keep his eyes off of my granny feet.  

('Cause the shoes are staying! :) )

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh I have the same problem! I've had to wear super expensive shoes since highschool. There's a place here that I love that also watches me run. They figured out my problem in highschool. Before that I was always getting injured, and never did after that again! And I don't think they look like granny shoes. Just go running and get some mud on them. :)

Mindi said...

That would make me look twice!

Cameron and Cindy said...

You're so funny! Love you! Glad you got the new shoes!

Ryan said...

I do the same and once I bought a pair of brooks on random clearance I'll never go back! My aren't quite so bulky, but pretty close!