Wednesday, February 01, 2012

New Year


                   

Last day of January 2012...and I'm still thinking about 2011!  

I am a notoriously bad blogger during the holidays.  So much happened during November and December that I'm still reflecting on!  A lot happened then, and a lot happened during the months before.  

2011 was eventful.  And busy.  And happy, tough, fun, stressful, successful...a memorable year for each of us:

January 2011
Russell had his first hair cut.

We partied at a Luau with Haselden NREL RSF site (National Renewable Energy Lab Research Support Facility) employees.

Taylor made his mom a little crazy...through his busy creativity.



We bundled-up and played outdoors a lot.


February 
We bundled-up and played some more.  Again, Taylor made sure his mom didn't relax too much (notice, those aren't skin-colored boots on my little boy's feet!).

Haselden sent Andrew and me to Las Vegas for a long weekend!


ADrew and I went SKYDIVING.


Andrew took an advanced cooking class with the Haselden NREL RSF II team.


I celebrated #27.

March
We enjoyed fun park play with "GG" and "GP" (my grandparents).

I put my VitaMix to good use and made homemade baby food for the first time.

Taylor wrote recognizable text for the first time!




We celebrated St. Patty's Day in style.

We celebrated 5 years of marriage.

Taylor continued to keep me on my toes (in case you wondered, that's what instant yeast + fruit punch mixed in the carpet looks like!).


April
I began training for the Bolder Boulder 10K. Taylor and Russell usually got to join my adventures via a jogging stroller.  (Poor guys.)

I attempted to potty train Taylor.  Six letters: S.T.R.E.S.S. 


Went to Utah for Easter.  My Larz, my parents, and I to attended the Provo Temple together to perform sealings for our ancestors.  

Taylor found his little voice. SO cute.


Andrew's sister Christy graduated from BYU!  I got to attend her commencement while in Utah.


May 
Larz and Christy and her roomies from BYU stayed with us for a week.  We had a BLAST running the Bolder Boulder together!

Russell, Andrew, and Taylor celebrated their birthdays.


Taylor made creative mischief again...by putting all of his bedroom's toys & accessories in his brother's crib...WHILE HIS BROTHER WAS STILL INSIDE.

June
We took a trip with our talented friend Amber Allen to the Colorado Railway Museum to take our birthday boys' pictures.

Our dear friends the Harrows moved. :(

We took a two-week trip to Alabama.

We had belated birthday celebrations with Norris cousins.

We soaked-in some Florida sun.

We attended Rachel and Drew's picture-perfect wedding.

Taylor got courageous and "potty peed" for the first time...in his grandparents' urinal. :)

I began my first of six weeks teaching Colorado kiddos how to swim.


July
We ran a family 5K in Highlands Ranch for the 4th.

We went to the zoo!

Our poor little guys were diagnosed with Asthma.


LOTS of family came to Denver for a visit.




My sweet high school friend, Jenny, came for a visit


August

My lost iPad was miraculously returned.

Baby Russell started walking!




We played, played, played--as much as we could--at the park.

September
Our friend Chad gave us an up-close look at Army helicopters in Colorado Springs.






We celebrated potty training success at the "inside pool."




We hiked in the foothills on Labor Day.


I finished tough correspondence coursework and renewed my K-8 teaching credentials!




I completed my second triathlon!


We enjoyed peach season immensely.  Made Fresh Peach Pie probably 1/2 dozen times.


Taylor's play group with friends resumed (after a summer break).



October
We inherited Grandmother Hickman's super awesome play tepee.

I completed a 10 mile trail run.  My first attempt at both!


My mom came to visit again.  We went to the pumpkin patch.


We trick-or-treated with our little dragon and cowboy.


November

I ran my first half marathon!  Big milestone for me.










Had my first two formal family photo shoots.  Loved doing this.  I am an amateur, so it was really nice to have some practice! (anyone else interested in being my guinea pigs in the future?)

We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Utah.

We got to meet Devin's cute, sweet girlfriend Lisa.  



December
We went to see "Disney On Ice" as a family.



Larz played with us for a week-- introducing us to gourmet Danish pasteries (he served his mission in Denmark), going sledding with us, and making his specialty gourmet hot cocoa--every night that he was here!  Man I love that guy. 

We went to Alabama for Christmas.  The kids played at Grandmother's annual Christmas party.

Russell, Taylor, and their cousins were part of a live Nativity on Christmas Eve.  Taylor was a wise man; Russell was a (crying) shepherd. :)








 Andrew's family joined forces and talents and together, we took our own family photos on Christmas Eve.  Love how they turned out.

We went to visit Santa at our ward's Christmas party.  Taylor wanted a jet (notice the face painting).

Christmas Day...jet received.  I love that priceless look on his face.


Huge highlight of Christmas Day: we got to talk to my parents and ALL my brothers on Skype.  It was so great to see missionary Kyle!

3 comments:

Ann said...

A full year!! I think my favorite picture is the urinal. :)

MariLouise said...

Wow, we're so honored...to be associated with the only frownie face in all of 2011!!

Michelle said...

LOVED seeing all of these!!! And we love your sweet family!