Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day

One of the best parts of being a kid is getting to have fun on holidays, right?  

That's the way I see it.  

Even if it's only on a small scale, we always decorate the house and have some kid-friendly fun when a holiday rolls around.

Valentine's Day is one of my favorites.  

This year, my kids woke up to cute boy valentines from me and Andrew and heart-shaped "Special Eggs" (a tradition in the Macfarlane family.  I have my funny dad to thank for that! :)) for breakfast.

As luck would have it,  it was my turn to host Taylor's play group on V-Day.


While the kids were here, we played Conversation Heart BINGO,
frosted heart-shaped brownies,
decorated "Valentine" paper bags,
and had a Valentine exchange.


We all had a lot of fun.
(A little more work for me this time around, but definitely worth it!)



While we lived in Idaho and Mike and Stacie lived next door, we newlyweds made fun of our dear neighbors when they ordered a Papa Murphy's heart-shaped pizza for their romantic evening together.

Guess we'll see who's laughing now...because the following year, we remembered them and instead of making fun of the Tonks' valentine date, we ADOPTED their idea!  We added our own minor twist by making it ourselves...and have been doing it ever since. 

Taylor especially loved this part of the day.



And no Valentine's Day is complete without spending time with your Valentine...
(Note that Andrew wasn't fully dressed in snow gear that evening...I just didn't remember to take pictures!)

...Andrew and I put the kids to bed, then ate ice cream and the third Twilight movie, "Breaking Dawn" together. 

Good day.

No comments: