Monday, February 27, 2012

28 Candles

I had a birthday again.  

Andrew took me out to celebrate the weekend before my big day, just the two of us.

We hired favorite babysitter Dillon to watch the boys, while we went to a restaurant around the corner that I've been itching to try called "Thai Bistro."
The Mango Sticky Rice--one of my favorite desserts--was heavenly.


Then Hubby and I did another first together: bowling at Fun City. 
First time for the place, but certainly not our first time bowling! (Remember our first date, ADrew?)

Fun City also had a clever game set-up in their waiting area called "Jumbo Jenga."  Super simple idea: just a bunch of wood studs chopped into pieces--and lots of fun too!

That was a special, rare treat kind of a date--that Hubby planned, I might add.  I love that man.
On birthday morning my sweet friend Jolene watched Taylor and Russell so I could attend the temple.  It had been a while since my last visit and felt nice to be there again.

When I came back to get my boys, I found them totally worn out, with lunch in their tummies.  Double bonus!  Jolene is so great.   
They were so worn out in fact, that even my resistant napper fell asleep.  

I savored that moment and took some time to be still-- watching sweet little Taylor's chest slowly rise and fall as he slept.  It was so rhythmic and perfect.  Children are such miracles.  I feel tremendously blessed.
When the World's Greatest Husband came home from work, he made Szechwan Chicken, at my request.  This delicious dish is my Aunt Robin's amazing creation--one that's quickly becoming one of my favorite meals.  

I can't resist...we eat it several times each month! 
(hope you don't my sharing your genius, Robin!)

After dinner, my grandparents and Donna & her kids came over for cake and ice cream (again, all the credits go to Andrew for that.  THANK YOU, Sweetie!)


I opened a few gifts too.  

A few are pictured here...don't my new shirt from Mom and vintage belt from Grandma make a cute combo?
This was a fun year.  I feel very blessed.  Thank you so much, dear family and friends, who bless and enrich my life so much!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love you tons, my birthday girl. Wish I could have been there.

Caitie Finley said...

Tiff, such a fun post. Fun to see that the family in Colorado is always having fun get togethers too. Schewan chicken is one of my favorites that my mom makes too. :)