Wednesday, March 02, 2011

My Little Ruh-russ

IMG_6844

I feel like I just wrote about my baby turning six months old. Somehow, three more months flew by and I now have a NINE month-old!

New stats as of February 23rd, 2011:

Height: 27 3/4 in. (30th percentile)
Weight: 19 lbs. 11 oz. (35th percentile)
Head Cir.: 46 cm (70th percentile)

So, to my surprise, my little Norris baby is now slightly under height and weight (I'm sure it all balances out with that big noggin' of his)!

Russell is still a super cheerful little people-lover who would rather just hang with the gang and see what's going on than keep-up with the Joneses. He's only been sitting up on his own for a month, and he loathes being on his tummy (imagine how he's taken to the idea of scooting or crawling). His love of being on his back and also being upside-down has helped him to invent a creative way of moving a little:

Step 1: Arching his back so that only his head and his toes are touching the ground.
Step 2: Looking ahead with his little upside-down eyes to his destination of choice.
Step 3: Pushing with his feet with all his might to move toward the goal.

He's so funny, and so different from his brother! I wonder if he'll be one of those babies who progresses in mobility from sitting, to standing, and finally walking--skipping the crawling thing altogether. It's a hoot to watch him grow.
russcoll


At his nine month check-up with his pediatrician, the doc encouraged me to feed him meat every day, so I've concocted some new baby food inventions (I make my own), like shredded chicken/puréed sweet potatoes and shredded chicken/puréed carrots--which he inhales every time. He is also a big fan of saltines and graham crackers now.

IMG_6941

I'm also enjoying watching Russell learn to express the super intense feelings he has for life's experiences. When presented with something exciting or dissapointing, he displays what he thinks in a huge way--by moving his arms and legs around like a crazy maniac! This reaction comes all the time. i.e.: when he's about to be fed, when he's being strapped into his carseat, when a visitor walks into the room, when I leave the room, or when when his big brother plays with him.

But I get the biggest kick out of this when he wakes up after nap time (which currently takes place on our bathroom floor--don't tell!). I'm usually downstairs and can hear that he's awake, not from the sound of his cries, but from his funny kicking that sounds like hammering on the floor above.

I'm going to miss that when he becomes fully moblie.ggrss4Russell loves to dance, like his brother. When peppy music gets going, so does he.

If he could, I think he would spend much of his day hanging upside-down. (Maybe the world looks better to him that way ?!)

He laughes hard when he's tickled and tossed into the air, and he can't resist grinning when someone sends smiles in his direction.

He is one of my greatest sources of joy and I just love him to pieces. Oh, I am so blessed to have this sweet little boy, who is growing at light speed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiffany, what a beautiful family you have! And what a beautiful blog as well. I miss you, my friend!
Wendy

Unknown said...

I am loving your comments and stories that you are putting up. What a darling little family that shares so much love. Thank you, Tiff. Love yall!