Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy Yoga

This really special gal has been on my mind lately.


Ann


Her name is Ann, and I hope she doesn't mind that I'm going to brag a bit about her for a minute {or two}.


She wears many hats: she's a private business owner, a professional yoga instructor,

Yoga-with-Mom2
(I use regularly use Ann's "Yoga for Runners" DVD 
to help with my tri training.  Taylor loves to join in. :) )

Yoga-with-Mom1


she's a homeschooling mom (amazing), a wife and expectant mother of six sweet little girls (and for clarification that's not meant to sound like she's carrying multiples!)...


...and she is passionate about providing relief to suffering women in the Congo.  Somehow, amidst all her responsibilities and life struggles, she still chooses to give her all to those women, who as she would say, have lost everything.


So she chooses to give something.  I am in awe at her passion and innovation at how she goes about helping them: 


By hosting "Yoga for Congo Women" events around the country each year, donating all proceeds to women in the Congo.  Denver's Yoga for Congo event is this Saturday morning.


yfcw-flier-denver-2011


At last year's Yoga for Congo, I was impressed and truly touched by what I experienced there.  Anyone in the Denver area want to see what I mean?  Go check it out {THIS Saturday!}


As I participate in my triathlon that same morning, my mind is going to be on Ann and her cause.  

2 comments:

Ann said...

Wow, what a surprise as I was blog-checking tonight. :) You are too sweet...how funny to see me on your TV. :) Thank you, Tiffany. I don't know what to say! I've been thinking about you all week and I'll be thinking of you Saturday! :) Hopefully both of us will get some rest after this weekend, ha ha! :) Love you. :)

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I just adore Ann, what a lovely post :) I too will be thinking of her tomorrow. I wish I could be there but Wills in Utah for the BYU/Utah game :(