Thursday, September 22, 2011

King Soopers

I hear opinions all the time that McDonalds has geared their marketing toward kids--Ronald McDonald and characters, their play areas, Happy Meals.  You know what I mean.  The idea that you hook 'em while they're young.

But I think King Soopers has really got it down.

My kids love the going to the grocery store more than any other place.

Seriously.  They BEG me to go.  

Even Russell hypes up when we drive by the store or when he hears the words "King Soopers."

I can't say that I blame them...


How can you beat riding in a two-seater car grocery cart,


In some cases, with Disney TV playing as Mommy shops?

Well, you can,


if you give each kid a free cookie from the bakery each time they visit,


and 1¢ pony rides as they exit the store.

And as far as I can tell, every King Soopers in the Denver metro area has these cool features for kids.  (What I want to know is, where on earth do they get all the penny horses??)

They're great.  I remember hating going grocery shopping with my mom at times as a kid.  King Soopers, you've definitely won the "Mommy Approved Store of the Year" award from me!

1 comment:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Isabelle calls those carts "Handy Manny" carts :) Oh and you failed to mention that they provide the pennies for the the penny horse. So they are really free penny horses!!