Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spoiled!

Just before Jenny left, my mom suprised me with a phone call reminding me that my Aunt Robin was coming into town the following week, and asked if I wouldn't mind if she joined in on the fun. Well, to Mom--my answer is always HECK yeah! I LOVE it when she comes to see us.

NannyTaylor

So again, my sweet mother bought a plane ticket to Denver and braved her struggles of traveling alone and being in airports--all for the greater good. She's my hero.

And as if that weren't cool enough, her coming to visit got even better when I learned that my Uncle Ron and cousins Levi & Brittany had made plans to come to Denver during that last week in July too! I was about to be totally spoiled!



And I was spoiled. We never had a dull moment while my family was here:

Pool

We spent hours playing at Grandma's pool.

Birthday-Boy
We had a wicked celebration for this dashing man's 85th birthday.


GP-Party



Dad-&-Tay
Taylor and Andrew loved goofing off in Grandma's backyard during Grandpa's birthday party.

The reversible Superman/Batman cape he is wearing was a gift from my mom during this visit--which quickly became one of his favorite things! We struggled to convince him to take it off for naps that week (compromise: he could use it as a blanket while he slept).

Russell-&-Trevor
This photo tugs at my heartstrings every time I look at it...this is Russell and Trevor (Brittany's sweet little 4 year-old, who has autism) playing together at Grandpa's party. I'm loving these sweet moments of friendship my littlest guy is having!


Ruhruss

Love this photo too. I wish I had Russell's gorgeous eyelashes.


Candles

On party night, at Aunt Robin's invitation, all friends and family there shared memories of Grandpa and expressions of love for him.

He has led an admirable life. It touched me to take part in honoring him, by sharing memories of his giving me my first bicycle and drawing funny pictures for me when I was little. Love that man.

Birthday-Food
I had a hard time deciding which dessert to enjoy that night. I could choose from homemade vanilla ice cream, Blue Bell ice cream (SO GLAD that delicious southern novelty has found its way to Denver!), or Grandpa's favorite: homemade maple nut cake. I couldn't choose...

...so, I ate them all. (*blush!*)


ADrew-&-Tiff


My mom also watched our boys while Andrew and I had a date night to see "Captain America" with Levi and Brittany--some of our closest friends in the world.


Captain_America_Movie_Poster_by_ALilZeker


Brittany has been my closest cousin in age and in friendship since we were teeny. Besides playing together as kids, we also lived together when we were both going to school at BYU-Idaho. I love that gal tons.

Just three months after I married Andrew, Britt married Levi, who became quick friends with my hubby. While we were newlyweds in Rexburg together, the four of us attended the same married student ward, Levi and Andrew worked together (painting & other misc. construction for a local contractor), we were constantly playing at each others' apartments...can I just say that we really, really miss them?!


Britt-&-Levi


Among all the fun we had during that final week in July, I think one of the ways that I was spoiled most was in having my mom stay at our home.

It's a pretty modest place; she had to sleep on our couch-a-la-bed the whole time! And for being in such a humble environment, she made us feel like kings. She bought groceries, made dinner every night, babysat our kids...and visited with me a lot (my favorite part). I have no other friend like my mother. She has insights and understanding that add perspective and enrichment to my life. I wish that we could share that one-on-one time together more often. I love her tons.

Mom-&-Tiff

Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You BOTH are beautiful! Love your updates, Tiff!