Monday, August 01, 2011

Dear Elder

I've been regularly sending letters via email to my little brother Kyle, who has been serving a mission for our church in the Sao Paulo, Brazil North mission over the past year (we anticipate his return home in June 2012).

Kyle

In addition to my joy of being able to communicate with my brother who is so very far away, just recently I've been realizing that there's yet another great value to these letters: they're also small records of my life's history! Someday when I have a few more wrinkles on my face and have walked a few more miles, I'll love to be able to look back at my journaling and remember what life was like "back then."

As I've thought about this, I know that for me, there's probably no better way to immortalize my letters than by posting them to my blog after I write.

I must say, I feel a little more vulnerable doing this, because I am often more candid with Kyle than I usually am on my regular blog posts. I guess we'll just see how this plays-out; see if this works...

So for my benefit, here's my first recorded letter--written last month on August 1st.

8-1-11-Letter

No comments: