Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sweet Moments Over the Last 2 Weeks

Good Bye

One evening this week, Andrew took Taylor on some errands with him to give me a break. On their way out the door, Andrew asked Taylor to say goodbye:
Andrew: "Taylor, say 'bye, Mom! I love you!'"
Taylor's response: "Bye, Mom! You wuv me!"

Library

It's been a while since I've taken Taylor to the library. It's a cryin' shame too, because he loves books! I knew I needed to repent last week. When we walked into the children's section of our local library, it was obvious that he didn't remember the place. He excitedly said: "Mom! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! There's SO MANY!" Talk about tearing at my heart strings!

Heart

Taylor was quietly playing with a favorite sticker book on Friday while I was beside him, organizing the kids' bedroom closet. I heard Taylor mutter to himself: "My heart..." I looked up, to see him sticking a new-found heart sticker right where he knows it belongs:


Book of Mormon

After visiting Alabama in November and rummaging through some of Andrew's old belongings, he found an old fogotten copy of the Book of Mormon. Nothing fancy, just one of those small paperback copies, about the size of the my hand. We decided to give it to Taylor, who now is extremely possessive of his new prized posession.

He recently
couldn't find it. While he searched for the book, Andrew and I quietly chuckled to ourselves as we listened to him say:
"Where's my Book O' Mornin'?"

Terrible Twos

Taylor was having an absolutely crazy tantrum before going to bed for the night two weeks ago. At the time, he also had an extremely stinky diaper. While Andrew tried to pin him down and change him, Taylor showed his protest by arching his back, rolling around on the floor, kicking and screaming (through his red face, tears, and snot coming out his nose):
"I'm TOO GRUMPY for this!"
You got that right, Bud.

Do You See What He Sees?

Out of the blue on Wednesday morning, Taylor looked up and exclaimed, "Look, Mommy! It's the blue chicken!"
"Blue chicken?" I responded, puzzled. Taylor smiled and nodded.
"Where is it?" I asked.
Taylor ran up to the TV and pointed to this:


The blue chicken. :)


Happy Baby

My notoriously happy made me smile over-and-over this week with so many cute moments: when he giggled when I'd bring him near a toy that he loved (stroller, bouncer, hand-held bells, his dad :)...), his furious rocking back-and-forth in a baby dance when music was playing (SO cute), s
pontaneously smiling at us when we'd look in his direction,
or him laughing for minutes at a time when I gave him play time in his bouncer (also SO cute, and almost unbelievable that he would laugh that much at a time). With Russell in my life, I don't know how I'd function without him now. When the going gets tough, he reminds me that it's easy to look at the brighter side, too!

When I'm Not Around

Taylor loves to sing when he's alone, and I love to eve's drop. So far, he only sings favorite phrases from songs. Here's a sample of some of the popular ones: "AM-MUL crackers in my soup!" (Shirley Temple), "Yellow Sub-mreen!" (Beatles), "Hewp me find da way..." (I Am a Child of God). So cute;
it melts my heart!

Milestones

With help from books from the library: Eric Carle's "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and Donald Crews's "Freight Train" (I'm in-love with that one!) Taylor has grasped the concept of colors! He can accurately name so many now, including his "fav-wit cu-yer in da whole woah-d:" orange. :)

Russell (sigh, finally) rolls over both ways and can sit up on his own! It took him a little longer than I imagined it would, but he's doing it. I love that baby.

3 comments:

Cameron and Cindy said...

LOVE YOU! You sound busy, busy busy! What cute boys!

Mindi said...

Miss you guys! We NEED to see pictures of your vacation...I guess I will live through your family's trips for a while...since I won't be taking any of my own!

Ann said...

So sweet :)