Thursday, October 09, 2008

He's Out!

Yesterday morning was scheduled unusually for me and Taylor--I went to the temple early in the morning, and my late morning walk with friends (who are also new mommies) began even later than usual as a result. By the time Taylor had been through waking-up an hour early, staying with a babysitter, and going outside later than he's used to, he was exhausted! Amazingly enough, he was still a really good baby for me through it all.

When we got home around noon, Taylor was ready for food and a nap--bigtime. As his whimpering got a little more intense, I laid him down under his Baby Einstein play gym to try to entertain him for a few minutes while I quickly made a bottle. I listened to him cry while I did this, feeling bad for making him wait so long to relax. After just a minute or two, the crying stopped completely! Wondering what had changed, I went into the other room to see him totally zonked-out, with his hand gripped tightly to a dangling toy bird and his bib flopped over his face. It was both the funniest and cutest thing he had done all week!


6 comments:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Look at that cutie! We love baby Taylor!

Cathy said...

You're right, these are great! What a cutie. I miss him.

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! In my semi-delerious state I thought you were announcing that you were pregnant again with the ultrasound picture and "He's Out" announcement. How crazy would that be?!!!!

Alicia said...

lol, that is so funny! My kids have yet to fall asleep in weird places. We need to hang out!

Cat said...

Darling! I love babies! I think he looks like Andrew in the bottom photo. :)

Megan said...

Love it! It always amazes me the places kids can fall asleep. My kids have all done the classic face in the food on the highchair tray. The girls laugh at the pics now. He's so cute.