Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kyle is Home!

My little brother Kyle returned home from Sao Paulo, Brazil yesterday after giving two years of missionary service to our Savior.



It was such a happy day for me and my family.


Here are Larz and Andrew the night before...making "Welcome Home" posters in anticipation for our Elder's arrival.

My cousin Madison helping her super crafty mom and sisters decorate the outside of my parents' house before Kyle arrived.  (Megan, you're amazing!)









The decorating team at work





Here's our first glimpse of Kyle after two years...on the escalator at the SLC airport, with my parents and brother Devin--who were lucky enough to go to Sao Paulo to get Kyle and spend a few days with him before returning to the states!


Taylor at the SLC airport.  He was pretty happy to see his grandpa.


Larz is our family comedian.  It only took seconds after Ky's arrival to get him to laugh (at the funny poster he made for him on Sunday night).


Kyle and Grandma Mercer


Cousins Brittany and Bobby with Kyle, holding the fun poster Brit made for Kyle.


Kyle meeting my littlest guy for the first time--ever.  Russell was born only a few days before Kyle left home.


Siblings reunited!  Kyle, Larz, me, Devin.


Cousin love. Allen, Bobby, Larz, Brittany, me, Devin, Aaron, and Kyle


Russell insisting on helping Papa carry his suitcase out to his car.  Cute kid.  Sore grandpa.  Adorable pair.




Dad, Kyle and Mom at home.


We stayed up until midnight talking about Brazil, reminiscing, and just soaking-up every second of having Kyle here again.


I'm telling you, this guy is really great.  We've really missed him and are so proud of his great work and example.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That must have been so fun! I don't remember throwing such a party when Jonathan came home. Maybe we should decorate more for Michael :) By the way, you look great!

Jennifer said...

Ah, this made me teary-eyed! I am so happy for your family. :)