Sunday, May 24, 2009

Andrew

Happy Birthday, Andrew--today he is 25!


The day is almost over now, and it was a fun one.  After going to church, we had some friends over for a once-in -a-blue-moon kind of feast: pork ribs, grilled potato salad, Andrew's favorite strawberry cake, and Jim n' Nick's cheese biscuits (yes, it's true...I found a fabulous recipe online that duplicated them perfectly!).  My grandparents in Littleton came over in the evening and watched Andrew open a few gifts (thank you to my and Andrew's parents!) as we had a second helping of strawberry cake and ice cream...I shouldn't remind myself of that part...and now Andrew, having gone into Taylor's room to wear our little guy out before bedtime, has instead worn himself out!  I have been spying on my boys: my big boy is sound asleep on the floor, while my very little boy is creating chaos (while squealing with delight about it) all around him.  I wonder, how in the world can Andrew sleep through all that??

I love both of those boys so much; they enrich and bless my life beyond words and have brought me joy that I never understood until I became a wife and mother.  Today I feel especially grateful for that "bigger boy" of mine: my sweet husband and best friend, Andrew.  It was so easy to fall in-love with him: when we first met, I was so attracted to his easy-going attitude, genuine concern for others, listening ear, and silly sense of humor.  And those were just my first impressions of him--as I got to know him better, I realized that those strengths in him were actually weaknesses in me, weaknesses that seemed to diminish a little whenever I was around him.  I wish that I could be more like Andrew; more layed-back, more optimistic, and laugh more like he does.  He makes this world a great place to be, and makes me want to be a better person.  

Sometimes I just have to pinch myself when I remember that Andrew married me!  Our first three years together have flown by so quickly; filled with wonderful memories that make me eager to make more in our years to come...I'm so glad that we chose to marry in the temple so that we may enjoy the blessings of a marriage that can last for eternity.  

So before Andrew's birthday is officially over, I want to say once more: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sweetheart!  I'm so glad that you were born today; you have blessed my life more than you know.  I love you!!


P.S.
Jim 'n Nick's Cheese Biscuits
For all my Norris family members in the south (and family & friends in the west who want to give these a try!):

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk (2% works best)
2 eggs, beaten well
1 stick butter (8 tablespoons), softened
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in medium sized bowl. Pour into generously greased muffin pan and bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. 

This recipe makes about 24 muffins.

5 comments:

Larry said...

Happy Birthday big guy!

What a beautiful post, Tiff. You are all lucky indeed.

Carrie & the Boys said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! Sorry we missed it. Mitch even talked to you on Sunday. Hope your day was awesome.

Alicia said...

Happy late birthday to Andrew!! Too bad Scott's not there to play guitar hero with him. =) Oh and good luck on the triathalon! I think that's so awesome you guys are doing that!

Michelle said...

I absolutely LOVE the new family pic of you guys hiking! We are glad that the birthday was a blast and I can't wait to try the biscuits recipe. Love you guys!!!

Ann said...

I love your blog! :)